Under the leadership of the Peninsula Council for Workforce Development and Thomas Nelson Community College this initiative was funded by The Ford Foundation and The Virginia Community Colleges.
Partnerships have been forged within the Peninsula community among manufacturers, public schools' K-12 career pathways and adult education programs, regional education centers, employment pipelines, career coaches, apprenticeship and training programs, Peninsula Worklink and One Stop, and TNCC academic and workforce programs to meet the demands of the 21st century workplace.
The partners within the regional educational institutions include:
- Thomas Nelson Community College
- New Horizons Regional Education Center
Public school systems of:
- Newport News
- Williamsburg-James City County
- York County
The partners from the ABE-GED programs include:
- Adult Education from Hampton, Newport News, and Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools
- Thomas Nelson Community College Middle College Program
The manufacturing partners include:
- Alcoa-Howmet Power and Propulsion
- Canon Virginia, Inc.
- Liebherr-America, Inc.
- Newport News Shipbuilding
- and Others
The partners from the economic and workforce sector include:
- Peninsula Council for Workforce Development
- Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance
- The Greater Peninsula Workforce Investment Board
- The Greater Peninsula Workforce Development Consortium
- Peninsula Worklink One Stop System
Welcome to our Roadmap to Success Website. This site is about real jobs, real training programs and real career options for you.
All the major Virginia Peninsula manufacturers have shared their hiring needs for the next 5 years and the skills they are seeking for these jobs and jobs of the future.
Colleges, community colleges, training providers and K-12 school systems have identified where to get the specific skills identified by employers.
The result is a website that is your GPS to explore career pathways to days real, available and high paying jobs and the educational pathway for advancement.
Hop in ... it's time to navigate your career.